Stagecoach Pet Hospital Blog
Chloe, a 12 year old female golden retriever presented to Stagecoach Pet Hospital for lethargy and appetite loss. Chloe was in heat about 4 weeks prior to presentation. On examination, Chloe had a high fever and very painful belly when touched.
It can be scary when your pet has ingested a potentially toxic substance, especially when you didn’t see what he licked or swallowed. To help raise awareness of the issue and prevent illness or fatality in pets, the American Veterinary Medical Association named the third week in March Pet Poison Prevention Week. Below are some hazards you should be especially aware of this time of year.
JD, a 7 month old Labrador mix puppy, presented to Stagecoach Pet Hospital for vomiting and diarrhea for several days. No history of any toxins in the home and there was no history of chewing on any toys. There was no change in diet in the last several weeks. JD is not up to date on puppy vaccines.
The dog days of summer are here. For many, this season comes with endless possibilities for having fun with your pets, like picnics, nature walks, and swimming pools. After being stuck at home for so long due to COVID-19, we bet you’re looking to break up the boredom with some outdoor adventures.
Don’t let your pet “fall” into some of the most common safety hazards we see this time of year. Fall may be the most beautiful season to some, but there are unique risk factors you can prepare for. If you’re anything like most people, you breathe easier this time of year.
Brandy, a 6 year old female spayed Chihuahua presented to Stagecoach Pet Hospital for examination of several bruises on her belly. Brandy is eating and drinking well.
Brandy has a normal heartrate, respiratory rate, and body temperature. Several areas of bruising are noted on her abdomen. Brandy also has petechial (small red lesions) on her gumline in her mouth.
Brandy had several blood tests performed. The complete blood count showed that Brandy had a very low platelet count.