Stagecoach Pet Hospital Blog
Heartworm can have devastating consequences for your pet, including death. It is especially tragic when dogs and cats succumb to heartworm disease when it’s entirely preventable. Now that warm weather is finally here, your dog or cat has a much greater likelihood of acquiring heartworm just by being outside since the most common route of transmission is a bite from an infected mosquito.
Chloe, a 12 year old female golden retriever presented to Stagecoach Pet Hospital for lethargy and appetite loss. Chloe was in heat about 4 weeks prior to presentation. On examination, Chloe had a high fever and very painful belly when touched.
It can be scary when your pet has ingested a potentially toxic substance, especially when you didn’t see what he licked or swallowed. To help raise awareness of the issue and prevent illness or fatality in pets, the American Veterinary Medical Association named the third week in March Pet Poison Prevention Week. Below are some hazards you should be especially aware of this time of year.
Bella, a 12 month old female spayed hound mix presented to SPH for loose stool and gurgling sounds from her stomach. Bella’s mom adopted her over a month ago and her stools have not been normal since adoption. Bella is on a high quality dog food and has no history of eating table food.
Now that the calendar has officially flipped over to 2019, you may be focusing on meeting some new resolutions for the upcoming year. Perhaps one of those is to be an even greater pet owner than you already are. This is an excellent resolution, and Stagecoach Pet Hospital wishes to offer some tips below to help you achieve it!