Stagecoach Pet Hospital Blog
Heartworm can have devastating consequences for your pet, including death. It is especially tragic when dogs and cats succumb to heartworm disease when it’s entirely preventable. Now that warm weather is finally here, your dog or cat has a much greater likelihood of acquiring heartworm just by being outside since the most common route of transmission is a bite from an infected mosquito.
Chloe, a 12 year old female golden retriever presented to Stagecoach Pet Hospital for lethargy and appetite loss. Chloe was in heat about 4 weeks prior to presentation. On examination, Chloe had a high fever and very painful belly when touched.
It can be scary when your pet has ingested a potentially toxic substance, especially when you didn’t see what he licked or swallowed. To help raise awareness of the issue and prevent illness or fatality in pets, the American Veterinary Medical Association named the third week in March Pet Poison Prevention Week. Below are some hazards you should be especially aware of this time of year.
The hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving is a part of the tradition for many families. But in the commotion, it's important to keep safety in mind for our four-legged family members. Our Stagecoach Pet Hospital veterinary staff offers these Thanksgiving safety tips to help you all have a safe and special holiday!
Brandy, a 6 year old female spayed Chihuahua presented to Stagecoach Pet Hospital for examination of several bruises on her belly. Brandy is eating and drinking well.
Brandy has a normal heartrate, respiratory rate, and body temperature. Several areas of bruising are noted on her abdomen. Brandy also has petechial (small red lesions) on her gumline in her mouth.